The New Year brings new changes for many people. Between New Year’s resolutions and continual self-improvement, 2018 offers a chance for us all to improve professionally and personally. But, as the saying goes, “the more things change, the more they stay the same.” This blog is going to focus on some of the top online construction resources for 2018. These are tried and true resources that are certain to help you stay abreast of the latest construction news, connect with more industry professionals and centers of influence, and learn more about the continual developments facing the construction industry.
My Top Online Construction Resources for 2018
- Construction Financial Management Association (cfma.org)
The Construction Financial Management Association website is a no-brainer for my selection of the top online construction resources for 2018. From industry news and advocacy to education and professional development resources, they have it all! Are you looking to get plugged in to your local construction community? Check out their calendar of events for a list of conferences and events near you. I had the pleasure of attending two separate CFMA events last year and I can honestly say that I have never met a group of more welcoming individuals!
- LinkedIn (linkedin.com)
LinkedIn is hands down the worldwide leader social media network for professionals. During the most recently reported quarter, LinkedIn had 467 million members, up from 450 million members in the preceding quarter. The network has experienced consistent growth quarter over quarter, proving that LinkedIn is here to stay! LinkedIn currently has over 15 million users listed within the construction industry. LinkedIn is a great place to connect with industry peers, start or participate in a conversation about industry hot topics, post a job opening or share information about your company.Bonus: Check out LinkedIn Groups. With over 10,000 groups dedicated to the construction industry, groups are a fantastic place to get involved in the construction community.
- Construction Dive (constructiondive.com)
Construction Dive is my go-to resources for the latest construction news and trends. With a mission focused on providing construction professionals with a birds-eye-view on the industry, Construction Dive provides original analysis of the top news stories throughout the day. They are also a great resource for industry events, jobs, data and more.
Bonus: Follow Construction Dive on Twitter @constructdive
Strategies Group’s Online Construction Resources
At Strategies Group we strive to provide our readers with updated resources on a month-to-month basis. We would be remiss if we didn’t mention the following resources:
- Spectrum User Group | Want to get plugged in and become more involved with the Spectrum community? Join our Spectrum User Group set to kick-off in May 2018. This virtual user group will cover topics to help you learn more about Spectrum Construction Software.
- Social Media | Don’t forget to follow us on social media! Subscribe to our LinkedIn page to get notices when we post blogs, articles and other industry-specific content.
- On-Demand Webinars | We understand that your business never stops! To help, we constantly strive to provide thought leadership on the latest topics and trends facing the construction industry. Join our quarterly webcasts delivered by subject matter experts who deliver knowledge and information critical to your business. Can’t attend? No problem! All of our virtual events are recorded and available on-demand. Check out some of our past presentations!
Enjoy These Online Construction Resources
We hope you enjoy all of these online resources. Do you have any additional resources to share? Post in the comments section below!